Dogs at Schappacher Park

Dogs at Schappacher Park
Dogs at Schappacher Park

Friday, July 8, 2011

Voice of America (VOA) Park

Though I enjoy the parks Warren County has to offer, I am fond of Voice of America park in neighboring Butler County. Instantly, I felt welcome as I entered the park. A patron was quick to point out that Nanook was an "Indy dog," which is correct, he's an Alaskan Malamute, just like George Lucas's dog, Indiana, so hats off to that park visitor.

Everyone at the park seemed friendly. Most people wanted to stop and let their dog "greet" Nanook. The park itself is pet friendly. There are baggies to pick up "stuff" all over the park and plenty of trash cans. I consider trash cans to be a premium because who wants to walk a long distance with warm smelly stuff in hand? Not me! The park path is clearly marked in small increments. The park boasts a 1.4-mile track.

Fishing is just one of the many amenities the park has to offer. There are too many to name here, but for more information, please visit http://www.butlercountymetroparks.org/index.cfm?page=park_VOA

No comments:

Post a Comment