Dogs at Schappacher Park

Dogs at Schappacher Park
Dogs at Schappacher Park

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Parks and Pets

I am owned by three wonderful dogs: Nanook, an Alaskan Malamute, Sparky, a Schipperke, and Cocoa, a Chihuahua. Since Nanook joined my household, I have been checking out local parks. I am quite pleased by the quality of Ohio parks. And so, my dogs and I have decided to present reviews of Buckeye Beauty--southwest Ohio's parks!

Recently, we visited Mason, Ohio's fabulous Pine Hills Lake Park and Corwin M. Nixon park. Because the two parks are situated next to each other, I am unable to tell which park I took a picture of. But know this, both provide wonderful scenery.

Nanook, Sparky, and Cocoa found both parks to be pet friendly. For example, Mutt Mitts were available along the path for pet owners to dispose of...well, you know. And, Nanook was very excited to see three bunnies and several birds on our walk. Maybe a little too excited. The only thing that might have improved our visit would have been a doggie water fountain. But all in all, I can't complain.

Park benches were located at various points along the trails, as were picnic tables in certain areas. Also, there are play areas for children as well as a covered picnic pavilion and arboretum. Fishing is also permitted in certain areas, though I do believe a license is required. For more information, please visit http://www.imaginemason.org/things-to-do/parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment